Puglia inspired Tuna Toasts with Tomatoes and Arugula
A simple Italy-inspired appetizer made with tuna, tomatoes, arugula, and extra virgin olive oil, using the most quality ingredients you can find.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½ inch thick slices
- Quality extra virgin olive oil, such as Oregon Olive Mill Frantoio
- 1 6 oz jar quality canned tuna packed in oil
- ½ lb fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 handful fresh arugula, loosely ripped
- Quality Maldon salt, such as from The Meadow
Set oven to broil.
Slice baguette in ½ inch slices then brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil and place them on a baking sheet.
Toast until lightly browned (1-2 minutes). Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
Layer each baguette slice with pieces of the cherry tomatoes, crumbled tuna, and arugula.
Top with a pinch of salt and drizzle liberally with more extra virgin olive oil.