Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip is a lightened up version of a classic Buffalo Chicken Dip made with smoked chicken, Greek yogurt, and light cream cheese.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 3 cups leftover smoked chicken, shredded (you can use a store bought roaster chicken too, but the smoked flavor is unbeatable)
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened (1/2 package)
- ½ cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing)
- 3/4 cup Frank's RedHot hot sauce (No substitutions. It has to be Frank's!)
- 1 small celery stalk, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients (except blue cheese crumbles!) together in a large bowl and transfer into a 9" (or equivalent size) greased oven safe baking dish or cast iron dish. Top with blue cheese crumbles and place in oven, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the dip starts to bubble.
Remove and serve warm with chips or celery sticks.
Click for recipe for Whole Smoked Chicken.
Note: if you wish to cook the dish in the smoker (vs. oven), it helps to cover it with foil. Heat up grill to roughly 375 degrees (F) and cook until bubbly (about 15 minutes).