Ultimate Homemade Dry Rub for Pork and Chicken
This recipe builds upon our Basic Dry Rub and adds more complexity and bold flavors to really provide a wow factor to your next BBQ pork recipe.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt (we use Diamond Crystal kosher salt)
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
This yields about 2 1/2 cups. I know that's not the perfect 1:1 ratio. That ratio is meant to be a starting point. You start with that, then add to adjust flavors to your personal preferences. We love savory flavors, so go a little heavier on that S.
Make a large batch of this and you've got it ready to go all summer long.