Grilled Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers
Recipe for Grilled Jalapeño Poppers stuffed with a Buffalo Chicken style filling. The perfect marriage of wings meets traditional poppers, grilled to perfection.
Servings 40 poppers
- 20 jalapeños, cut in half lengthwise, stems and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken (we recommend smoked chicken)
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot hot sauce, or favorite hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup panco breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles, to top the poppers with
Set grill up for indirect cooking.
Slice jalapeños lengthwise, and arrange on a baking sheet or large plate.
In a large bowl add all filling ingredients (except for the blue cheese crumbles) and mix well.
Add about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each jalapeño half and then top with the blue cheese crumbles.
Place on the indirect heat side of the grill and cover the grill. Cook 6-10 minutes, until the jalapeños have softened and the filling has warmed up and become creamy.