Ahi Tuna Ceviche
A quick and easy recipe for classic Ceviche made with Ahi Tuna, perfect for warm summer evenings.
Servings 4 servings
- ½ lb sushi grade Ahi tuna, diced into small cubes
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely sliced or diced
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- kosher salt, to taste (approx 1/4 teaspoon)
- Chips or baguette slices for serving
Combine all ingredients (except avocado) in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Don’t let it marinate for more than 2 hours or the meat will become tough.
Just before serving, gently fold in the avocado and season with salt.
Taste to adjust flavoring, and add more lime and cilantro if needed.
Serve with chips or baguette slices.