Smoked Pulled Pork Spring Rolls
Smoked pulled pork spring rolls are a fresh and delicious use for any extra pulled pork you may have around the house, and a fun take on a traditional vegetable or shrimp spring roll.
Servings 12 spring rolls
- 12 round rice paper wrappers, 22 cm or 25 cm size work great
- 1 small head of lettuce, I like bibb or butter lettuce
- 1 8 oz package dried rice (or “vermicelli”) noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups smoked pulled pork
- 12 slices of pickled carrots, or other pickled vegetable
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ small cucumber, julienned
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Fresh herbs: mint, cilantro, (about one cup of herbs combined)
Fill a wide bowl with warm water. Place one piece of rice paper in the water at a time for 5-10 seconds to soften the paper (see photo demonstration above).
Place the moistened paper flat on a plastic cutting board. Place a piece of lettuce on the bottom half of the rice paper closest to you. Layer with a few strands of the cooked rice noodles, pulled pork, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, and top with a combination of herbs (about 4-5 herb leaves).
Carefully start rolling the paper about halfway. Then fold in the sides, and continue rolling.
Repeat with remaining wrappers.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.