Leftover Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos
Apr 27, 2020, Updated Jun 03, 2021
The ultimate recipe for Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos, using leftover pulled pork.
For more ideas and recipes using leftover pulled pork, check out this post.
Whether you’re having fun on the weekend and perfecting your smoked pork butt, or using it as an excuse to meal prep for the week, smoking an entire pork butt will most certainly yield lots of leftovers.
And that is a very good thing.
For people like us, who like to constantly experiment with different styles of cooking pork butt for our family or for catering gigs, we find ourselves with loads of leftovers, just screaming to be used in a myriad of ways.
Now I know I don’t really need to instruct anyone on how to make tacos, because they are one of the easiest meals on the planet to make, but I do feel compelled to share here… because, well, smoked pulled pork tacos.
How to Make Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos
I like to reheat the leftover pulled pork in a medium sized skillet. Just toss as much meat as you’ll need. For four people I use about 2 cups of leftover pulled pork. If it has dried out at all from being in the fridge or freezer, then you may want to add some BBQ sauce or even just some apple cider vinegar to add a bit of moisture back to the meat.
I think this is probably a good time to tell you that leftover pulled pork freezes quite well. Just thaw it a bit, and reheat it.
Once it’s heated up, warm up your corn tortillas then add whatever you want to fancy up those pulled pork tacos.
- purple cabbage or coleslaw (for crunch)
- cilantro (for an herbal kick)
- sour cream or crème fraîche
- a thin drizzle of your favorite BBQ sauce
Want More Leftover Pulled Pork Recipes?
- You can find a running list of all of our favorite recipes using leftover pulled pork here.
This recipe for Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos was originally published in June of 2016, and updated in April of 2020 with new photos and directions.
Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2 cups leftover smoked pulled pork
- 8 corn tortillas, (2 per person)
- Red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- Red onion, very thinly sliced
- Diced tomatoes, (or halved cherry tomatoes)
- Sliced avocado
- BBQ sauce
- Crème fraîche or sour cream
- Cheese: Shredded Mexican cheese blend or Cotija
- Limes, sliced into wedges
- Warm up your leftover pulled pork in a skillet. If it's dried out add some bbq sauce or apple cider vinegar to help re-hydrate (about 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Heat up your tortillas.
- Load the tortilla with some re-heated leftover pulled pork and other desired toppings. Squeeze some fresh lime over the top. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
If you like this recipe we’d truly appreciate it if you would give this recipe a star review! And if you share any of your pics on Instagram use the hashtag #vindulge. We LOVE to see it when you cook our recipes.