Brisket Tacos are an excellent use for any leftover brisket, smoked brisket or not. This easy taco recipe will be one you will come back for over and over.
We find ourselves with another overload of smoked brisket leftovers. It happens.
Though we have dozens of great uses for leftover smoked brisket (see below), tacos are definitely a go-to and one of our favorites! I mean, who doesn’t love a taco night?!
We’re using smoked brisket for these tacos, but you can use whatever kind of brisket you have (oven cooked, crockpot, I won’t judge). But of course you can’t deny the amazingness that is brisket slow cooked for hours and hours in the smoker.
Best toppings for brisket tacos?
You can load them up with whatever you want, but I don’t want to drown the flavor of that slow cooked delicious smoky meat. So we’re keeping it simple.
- Pickled Onions
- Diced White Onions
- Jalapeño Slices
- Squeeze of Lime
You can also make a simple pico de gallo instead of the onions and jalapeño, or top with this easy blender salsa.
Uses for leftover Smoked Beef Brisket – Smoked Beef Brisket Tacos
Brisket Taco Recipe
Smoked Beef Brisket Tacos
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups leftover smoked beef brisket shredded or cut up into cubes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup blender salsa
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 1/2 cup cheese: Shredded Mexican cheese blend or Cotija
- 1 lime sliced
- In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and brisket. Stir to warm up.
- Heat up your tortillas. I like to warm them up over a hot grill. But if you don’t have one handy, my next favorite method is heating them up over my gas stove, like pictured. It gets the tortillas nice and warm.
- Load the tortilla with re-heated leftover brisket and any additional toppings. Squeeze some fresh lime over the top.
Looking for a good smoked brisket recipe?
- Start here, with our Smoked Brisket.
Want more uses for Leftover Brisket?
- Check out our best recipes for leftover brisket round up.
Want more barbecue recipes and tips? Check out the recipe index on the blog for recipes and wine pairing ideas.
If you like this recipe we’d truly appreciate it if you would give this recipe a star review! And if you share any of your pics on Instagram use the hashtag #vindulge. We LOVE to see it when you cook our recipes.